Editor.NET is an advanced syntax code editor allowing integration of a highly flexible edit control in your .NET applications.
Editor.NET has almost all the features that can be found in the Visual Studio.NET code Editor, including customisable syntax highlighting, code outlining, code completion, unlimited undo/redo, bookmarks, word wrap, drag-n-drop, built-in search/replace dialogs, multiple view of the same text, displaying gutter, margin, line numbers and many more.
Editor.NET is available in WinForms and WPF editions.
"To create a really good code editor is not an easy task (frankly speaking, the task is rather HARD), there are many non-trivial things, like complex syntax highlighting, code folding, context hints (IntelliSense, AutoComplete) and a bunch of others. Fortunately, through the programming history, there are some people who have already gone this way and provided a complete and consistent solution to the problem: Editor.NET from Quantum Whale.
Editor.NET is designed to highlight syntax for more than 30 programming languages such as C, C#, Delphi, VB, Java, Xml, Html, etc. and can be extended to perform syntax highlighting for virtually unlimited number of programming languages.
It includes dedicated code parsers that implement full syntax analysis for vast subset of modern programming languages, including C#, VB.NET, Java, Ansi-C, Java script and XML.
Editor.NET component pack includes:
- SyntaxEdit multi-line text edit control.
- TextSource component storing actual data being viewed and edited by the edit control.
- Parser component used to highlight syntax for the edit control content.
- 30 predefined syntax schemes for most known programming languages.
- Advanced parsers for C#, VB.NET, J#, Ansi-C, VB Script, Java Script, HTML, SQL and XML.
- Standard Search, Replace, Goto Line and Editor Settings dialogs.
*Some features are available only in WinForms edition.
Editor.NET is written in C# and built on .NET classes. It ships with the full source code, including demos, quick starts and design-time code.